Thursday, November 6, 2014

Trip to Dominican Republic

My parents thought it would be a great idea to take a family holiday to the Dominican Republic in 2006. Charmaine was pregnant with her first daughter and my parents thought it would be fun to have one last trip before our family grew.

It was a great escape from the winter weather.  We stayed in a resort where there were always different activities going on, so we were never bored.  It was easier than the trip to Mexico because the resort was all on one level and easy to navigate.  I only left the resort once for a day tour; my dad and my sisters recommended I stay at the resort where I wouldn't have trouble moving about.  If I return to the Dominican Republic, I would like to stay in a resort again but leave the resort more than once so I can see the city.

The worst part of the entire holiday happened the day we were preparing to leave.  Check out was 11 a.m. but our flight wasn't until midnight.  The resort offered to let us keep our bags in our room (even though we had checked out) and we could lounge about the pool until we left at 9 p.m.

I didn't want to leave our bags in the room because I had a bad feeling that someone would steal them, but my parents assured me it would be fine.  When we went to pick up our suitcases from the room, everyone's suitcase was there except mine! We asked at the hotel but they had no idea where it could be.  At least we were going home that day and I would have clothes to wear when I got home, but I had lost all my souvenirs and gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment