Thursday, November 6, 2014

Dating

The questions I have regarding what kind of partner I want in my life are challenging for me to answer without a little more history about my relationships so far.  I tend to live my life as it comes, so basically I am not waiting for a guy to come into my life. I always dreamed of having a relationship with a guy but have always been fearful that he could become ashamed of me in some way.  I realize on one level that this perspective is wrong for me to maintain because the reality is that if the person wants to be with me, that could be good for me and good for the partner that I choose as well.

Do people have relationships with others who have a disability? That is a question that I don’t know how to answer.  I don't know how a person would feel being with someone who needs more help then they do. There are people who have friends with disabilities but having a relationship with someone is a different case. I have friends who don't have disabilities but having a relationship with a guy is scary. For example, I was talking to a close friend of mine about our friendship. He was saying that if we started dating, he wouldn’t want people to stare at us and wonder why that man is with that woman who has a disability. He also wouldn’t want them to think that he’s taking advantage of me.

 With that in mind, there have been a few guys in my life, but not so serious.  From a serious angle, there have been only two.

No comments:

Post a Comment